Healthcare, Technology, Consumer and Cause Work Spotlighted
Boston, June 11, 2014 -- MSLGROUP, Publicis Groupe’s strategic communications and engagement network, today announced that its Boston office has won 19 Bell Ringer Awards at the 46th annual Bell Ringer Awards ceremony earlier this week. The wins included three Gold Bells, eight Silver Bells, four Bronze Bells as well as four additional merit awards. Held by The Publicity Club of New England
, the region’s oldest not-for-profit public relations trade organization, the Bell Ringer Awards honor the superior work done by public relations and communications professionals across New England each year.
MSLGROUP work for Quest Diagnostics, Lancope and DeVry University was honored by Gold Bells. Epocrates, Filip, March of Dimes, Spinal Modulation, Imprivata, IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics and Quest Diagnostic all received Silver Bells. ClickSoftware, Quest Diagnostics and Medtronic won Bronze Bell honors.
“MSLGROUP in Boston and our collaborating colleagues throughout MSLGROUP are immensely proud that the Bell Ringer judges have awarded our talented people such outstanding recognition for their creativity and hard work,” said Dave Close, Managing Director, MSLGROUP in Boston. “The breadth of this winning work across healthcare, healthcare IT, technology, cause, and consumer spotlights the partnership we bring to our diverse group of clients to consistently deliver exceptional work.”
MSLGROUP in Boston was recognized with these awards:
- Product/Service Launch: Healthcare Campaign, “Quest Launches BRCAvantage” for Quest Diagnostics
- Single Item, Response to Breaking News, for Lancope
- Special Event: Series Campaign, for DeVry University's STEM Ready program
- Product/Service Launch: High-Tech Campaign, “A Little Device for a Big World” for FiLIP
- Product/Service Launch: Healthcare Campaign, “Epocrates Bugs + Drugs: Breaking Superbugs Out of Hospital,” for FiLIP
- Paid/Earned/Owned Campaign, “March of Dimes: imbornto Campaign” for March of Dimes
- Product/Service Launch: Consumer Campaign, “A Little Device for a Big World” for FiLIP
- Product/Service Publicity: Healthcare Campaign, “Finding the Patient in a Haystack” for Spinal Modulation
- Print Feature or Commentary Placement: Trade Publication, “Somebody Call me a Doctor” for Imprivata
- Feature or Commentary Placement: Series, “IMS Institute Social Media Report” for IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics
- Feature or Commentary Placement: Series, “Quest Launches BRCAvantage” for Quest Diagnostics
- Single Item, News Release, “The $12,000 Smartphone” for ClickSoftware
- Special Event: Single Campaign, “Breast Cancer Community, Meet BRCAvantage” for Quest Diagnostics
- Television News Placement: National, “The Doctors: Engaging Patients with Spinal Fracture Treatment for Osteoporosis Month” for Medtronic
- Product/Service Publicity: Healthcare Campaign, “Educating Osteoporosis Patients about Treatments for Spinal Fractures” for Medtronic
- Creative Media Campaign for “By the Patients, of the Patients, for the Patients: Telling the VNS Therapy Story” for Cyberonics
- Feature or Commentary Placement: Series, “What Area Codes Receive the Most Spam” for Cloudmark
- Product/Service Publicity: Business-to-Business Campaign, “What We’ve Got Here…is Failure to Communicate” for Imprivata
- Print Feature or Commentary Placement: National, “Take Two Beepers and Call Me in the Morning” for Imprivata
MSLGROUP’s Boston office works with technology, healthcare and energy companies of all sizes in New England and around the world.
About the Publicity Club of New England
Founded in 1949, The Publicity Club of New England is the region’s oldest not-for-profit public relations trade organization. Celebrating its 65thanniversary this season, the Publicity Club strives to promote and encourage involvement in the communications industry and specifically the professions of public relations, promotions and marketing.
About the Bell Ringer Awards
In 1969, on The Publicity Club of New England’s 20th anniversary, the Bell Ringer Awards program was instituted to recognize public relations work which demonstrates excellence in creative planning and professional education and exhibits a high degree of success in reaching predetermined objectives. It is open to all New England practitioners.
MSLGROUP is Publicis Groupe’s strategic communications and engagement group, advisors in all aspects of communication strategy: from consumer PR to financial communications, from public affairs to reputation management and from crisis communications to experiential marketing and events. With more than 3,500 people across close to 100 offices worldwide, MSLGROUP is also the largest PR network in Europe, fast-growing China and India. The group offers strategic planning and counsel, insight-guided thinking and big, compelling ideas – followed by thorough execution.
About Publicis Groupe
Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40] is one of the world’s leading communications groups. We offer the full range of services and skills: digital (DigitasLBi, Razorfish, Rosetta, VivaKi), creative services (BBH, Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi), public affairs, corporate communications and events (MSLGROUP), media strategy, planning and buying (Starcom MediaVest Group and ZenithOptimedia) and healthcare communications, with Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG). Present in 108 countries, the Groupe employs 60,000 professionals.
# # #
Coca-Cola's Zico Coconut Water has selected MSLGroup as its agency partner to help launch a national brand campaign.
EL SEGUNDO, CA, May 23, 2014: Coca-Cola’s Zico Coconut Water has selected MSLGroup as its agency partner to help launch a national brand campaign.
Zico hired MSLGroup following a review for the US PR business that started earlier this year. Catalyst, which previously worked on the account was invited to re-pitch, said Zico communications leader Amy Driscoll.
After months of planning, Zico kicked off its Crack Life Open campaign
this week with actress Jessica Alba as its brand ambassador. The multimillion-dollar media spend for the initiative spans print, out-of-home, and digital advertising across the US, Driscoll said.
"In order to bring the Crack Life Open message to life about living positively and thoughtfully, and staying hydrated, we needed a strong PR agency," she explained, via e-mail.
MSLGroup will support the campaign throughout the summer "with additional plans in the works to keep the momentum throughout the year," Driscoll said.
"From the outset, we were impressed by MSLGroup’s big ideas with practical execution and passion to work with us," she added.
Representatives from MSLGroup did not respond to a request for comment. Further information on the review or the agency’s scope of work was not disclosed.
Zico hired Driscoll in February for the newly created role of brand communications leader. She told PRWeek
at the time that her goal was "to differentiate Zico in the category by helping to define its voice."
While Zico is part of the popular coconut water category, it needs "to be relevant and real to build an army of Zico brand loyalists," she added.
Zico was the official coconut water of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, and the brand also sponsored MADE Fashion Week at Milk Studios in New York last winter.
# # #
Link to original story in PRWeek.
Whoever we are, we are all consumers. MSLGROUP's consumer marketing practice empowers globally respected brands to reach consumers, influencers and stakeholders with meaningful content, creative narratives and the kind of high-power stories that impact business in the always-on conversation economy.
With leading expertise in the digital universe, media relations, entertainment marketing, issues management and multi-cultural marketing, our brand of consumer communication is unbound by channel, border or medium.
Contact: Amanda Glasgow, North America Practice Director